The past few weeks have been a whirlwind for us! Lets back up a bit and call it that last few months, actually. Since about May, when we had a family staycation with my dad, it’s been a spiral of birthdays and holidays that have thrown our routine way off. Things may not get much better the rest of the year with my husband’s night classes, but that’s mildly more manageable—we (the kids and I) can at least be in the comforts of our own home. I’m calling that a win.
I have to admit, though, I wasn’t prepared for this summer to be as busy as it’s been. With the kids getting older, I’m finding we are starting to experience a true summer season—much like what I remember growing up as a child. I guess I wasn’t expecting it since my kids are still pretty young, but we have definitely found ourselves in the vortex that is summer break.
In all the hustle and bustle of these fire-y hot days, here are some of my favorites from the season:
- Yeti Tumbler (32oz) – It has been hot here in the desert this summer, and either I’m getting old or the humidity truly has been the worst it’s been since I’ve moved here….10 years ago. I have been living for my yeti all summer long, keeping it full of water, Gatorade, and (on occasion) frozen margaritas…you’re welcome.
- 4QT Crock Pot – Mine is about 13 years old now, but to me that says something! A 13 year old crockpot is worth the money, no matter the cost, but this little guy is priced just right! It’s a “hot” cooker, so you probably only need 6 hours on a 6-8 hour cook time in a recipe. This holds the right amount of food for my family of 5 (2 adults + 2 toddlers + 1 toddler baby). I don’t love that it doesn’t have an auto-warm function, but since I don’t leave for work and I’m home around the time it’s done cooking, I use this over my larger programmable one most often.
- Zyia Mesh Hat – First off…this is my first mesh hat I’ve ever owned. Where have I been hiding? I’ve been wearing other hats all summer, and they’ve done nothing but make my head more sweaty. This hat provides some muuuuch needed airflow, and it looks so cute with activewear OR a casual outfit. This hat is a serious mom win for me since embarking on our new preschool drop-off/pick-up adventures!
- Zyia Scrunchy What Leggings – Hold the phone! No, hold my pants. L I V I N G in these forever and ever amen! Not see-through, the perfect length for a shorty like me, and high waisted giving me a very flattering lower half. Mother-bearing hips + a big backside makes it hard to dress my lower half. These can be dressed up or down, and I am in love!
- Fawn Design Diaper Bag – I know I’ve raved about this bag before, but sometimes I’m still shocked at how much I love it. Backpack or messenger style, having both strap options gives it great versatility. It has the right amount of pockets inside and out, cleans super easily, and is just a great looking bag! I generally wear mine as a backpack since I have like 1,000 kids 😉
- Mad Love Keava Sandal – Let me first preface this with: I bought the Birkenstocks. Sadly, I did not love them. It was actually a pretty sad day for me. I read all the reviews about needing them to be worn in, and that the toe area would become more comfy but I just couldn’t get past the rubbing from the straps. These Mad Love sandals from good ol’ Target, though?? I bought 5 pairs in varying color and styles. I never find comfy sandals like this, so I was sure to buy enough to last 🙂
So there you have it, the top items getting me through this summer heat + chaos! Let me know what you decide to try and lets compare notes!
Happy Friday, friends!